To ensure the safety of all students riding on Grande Yellowhead School Division buses, all passengers must be registered to ride the school bus and students may only load or unload the school bus at their designated stop or school. Parents are encouraged to review the school bus rider rules with their children and communicate alternate transportation plans with your child’s bus driver. Most requests such as alternate stops, or guest riders, can be accommodated with a call to Transportation Services or a note from the parent to the driver requesting the guest to ride.
School bus transportation service is provided at no cost for resident students who reside 2.4 kms or more from their designated school*.
- Eligible students do not need to re-register for the school bus each year unless the student has moved or changed schools.
- All new students, including kindergarten students, who require transportation, must register for the school bus.
*Designated School - Nearest school located within the attendance area, in which the student resides.
Note: School bus registrations can take 2-3 business days to process
Students who reside less than 2.4 kms from their designated school are not eligible for school bus transportation.
Transportation for ineligible students will be provided only if:
- The student meets the bus at an existing bus stop along the route, and
- There is no diversion of the bus from the regular route. and
- There is seat space available on the school bus. and
- The fee for transportation services has been paid.
Ineligible students new to the school bus or those currently riding the school bus are required to re-register for the school bus, after July 1st of each year.
Seating for ineligible students is limited and will be assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis.
In situations where the school bus is at full capacity and seat space is required for an eligible student, the oldest ineligible student who resides closest to their school of attendance will be required to forfeit their seat for the eligible student.