As set out in the Transportation Community Consultation Action Plan (TCCAP), Transportation Services has developed the “School Bus Route” area of the website to ensure stakeholders have an opportunity to review upcoming school bus route changes and provide feedback before school commences in September each year. The Route Review process for the upcoming school year begins in March thus stakeholders should contact Transportation Services with their concerns to ensure they are given full consideration during the review process.
School Bus Routes
- School bus routes are posted on the website by area and updated on an ongoing basis.
- Adjustments to school bus routes during the summer months are not finalized until October of each year as new students move in or out of the Division.
- School bus routes’ pick up times are approximate and parents should contact their school bus driver for accurate times at their child’s bus stop.
- School bus drivers will receive school bus route information by August 28th each year.
- Prior to the first day of school, all school bus drivers will:
- Complete a dry run to confirm times and identify any safety concerns along the route
- Contact all parents on their route with pick up and drop off times and provide contact information for the bus driver.
All students riding the school bus must be registered on the school bus. Parents can register their child for the school bus by contacting Transportation Services or completing the online form on our bus registration page.