The goal of Grande Yellowhead’s communications strategies is to improve the internal and external two-way communications and collaboration between the division, its schools, staff, parents and community partners. All of them also support the division’s priorities and initiatives with the underlying foundation of two driving questions -
- How do we advance our students’ educational success?
- How do we communicate our objectives to our stakeholders?
This philosophy provides the foundation for supporting all communications strategies in order to:
- promote Grande Yellowhead Public School Division and its schools;
- highlight the diverse offering of its unique programs and services;
- assist schools in raising their profile in their community as well as the student accomplishments; and
- complement the division’s initiatives in addressing its three priorities of improving student learning, building leadership capacity and succession planning, and improving internal and external communications.
Through the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications plan, Grande Yellowhead strives to efficiently meet three communications objectives:
- Provide all staff with timely information about Board and administrative decisions made at the Education Services Centre (ESC), and activities and events across the division.
- Increase the involvement of staff in decision making by improving communications between them, the school-based administration and the division office thereby increasing opportunities for staff and administration to work collaboratively both between schools, and with divisional administration.
- Foster the exchange of information and increase collaboration between Grande Yellowhead and the communities it serves, both formally and through informal channels.
Thank you for visiting our website to learn more about public education in your community. We also welcome and encourage feedback on our site as well as on all communications documents posted as part of our efforts to keep our stakeholders informed about the division.