In GYPSD, we are committed to getting technology into the hands of our students to support the learning. Many technologies are used as tools to enhance the digital learning environments throughout GYPSD schools. These technologies must enable the student to meet curricular outcomes and enhance research-based instructional and assessment practices.
The technology vision and working plan of GYPSD is guided by the Learning and Technology Policy Framework to ensure student centered, personalized, and authentic learning. The framework positions technology as an enabler, bringing the vision of Inspiring Education to life in schools across our division.
GYPSD Technology Support includes:
- Educational Technology Lead Teacher
- Video Conference Network
- Equitable Access to Educational Technologies
- Secure, Reliable Server Environment
- Responsible and Safe Technology Practice
- Safe and Secure High-Speed Wired and Wireless Network Infrastructure
- User support for school and central office staff Network of 21st Century tools that allow students and staff to function in a technology environment
For further information regarding Technology Services, please contact:
KellySmith, Supervisor – Learning Services, Technology