Please check out the following resources to learn more about bursaries, scholarships and grants available to help fund your post-secondary education goals. Alberta students can apply for many different scholarships, bursaries and grants from a variety of sources including government, post-secondary institutions, private industry and service organizations. Scholarships are monetary awards based on academic merit or excellence in a specific area of study or discipline. A bursary is a monetary grant based primarily on financial need. We also encourage you to contact your high school directly to receive more information about funding assistance that may be available for you.
- 5 Steps to Winning Scholarships
- Alberta Learning Information Service
- AAMDC Post-Secondary Scholarship - August Deadline
- Student Awards
- Scholarships Canada
- Peter Pasula Study Habits Scholarship April Deadline
- Your Favorite Car Scholarship April Deadline
- The Fountainhead Essay Contest April Deadline
- Mission Creek Orthodontics Scholarship May Deadline
- AMPO Scholarship Essay Contest May Deadline
- Caretenders Scholarship Program May Deadline
- Alberta’s Scholarship & Bursary Programs
- Terry Fox Humanitarian Award February 1st Deadline
- Burger King McLamore Foundation January Deadline
- Herbert H. Carnegie Future Aces Foundation Scholarships January 15th Deadline
- BBG Communications Scholarship June Deadline
- Alberta Education
- MindFuel Scholarships - For First Year Entering Post-Secondary Science Program
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarships
- Loran Scholars October Deadline
- LM Scholarship May Deadline
- Odenza Vacations College Scholarship June Deadline
- Got a Spine Scholarship June Deadline
- Global Lift Equipment Scholarship June Deadline
- Lift Parts Express Scholarship June Deadlilne
- Compass Mortgage Group December Deadline
- Arctic Physical Therapy Scholarship August Deadline
- Loran Scholars Foundation - October Deadline
- Johnathan Doody Memorial Scholarship - Middle of September Deadline
- John Hasselfield Endowment Foundation Deadlines in October and April
- Kin Canada Bursary February Deadline
- Re/Max Quest for Excellence Bursary March Deadline
- Horatio Alger Jim Pattison Alberta Scholarship Program August Deadline
- Working Parents Scholarship December Deadline
- Jo-Anne Koch – ABC Society Scholarship April Deadline
Environmental & Community Leadership
- Toyota Earth Day Scholarship
- TD Scholarships for Community Leadership December Deadline
- Maple Leaf Dentistry Scholarship May Deadline
- Youth Volunteer Scholarship Award November Deadline
- Rotary Club Scholarships – check with local school - May Deadline
- AB Assoc. of Agricultural Fieldmen Bursary September Deadline
- Stacey Levitt Memorial Award - February Deadline
Aboriginal Awards, Scholarships, Bursaries
- The Alberta Aboriginal Youth Achievement Awards provides an opportunity to recognize the achievements of Aboriginal youth and share their successes with others from across the Province. There are eight categories and two Aboriginal youth will be selected from each.
- The "Lead Your Way" National Aboriginal Role Model Program celebrates the accomplishments of Indigenous youth aged 13 to 30. "Lead Your Way" inspires Aboriginal youth to strive to reach their goals.
- ConocoPhillips Canada presents awards annually to Aboriginal students who demonstrate hard work and dedication in pursuit of higher learning. Efforts can include upgrading their secondary education or entering a post-secondary program. Awards are granted on a yearly basis and may be used to cover portions of tuition, books or living expenses.
Aboriginal Scholarships, Bursaries & Funding
- Aboriginal Financial Officers Association of Alberta
- AFOA - Norman Taylor Memorial Bursary - Deadline July
- Aboriginal and Northern Affairs Canada Website
- Aboriginal Learning Link
- Advancing Futures Bursary
- Alberta Government
- Alberta Human Services - Métis and Non-Status Bursary Program
- Alberta Health Career Bursary
- Aboriginal Leadership Academy - Centre for Race & Culture
- Alberta Blue Cross Scholarships
- Alberta Learning Information Service (ALIS)
- Belcourt Brosseau Métis Awards
- Canada Post Aboriginal Education Incentive Award
- Ermineskin Education Trust Fund Services
- FNTI Bursary Application
- Freehorse Family Wellness Society
- McGill Student Information First People’s House
- MNA Scholarship Awards
- ECO Canada
- University of Alberta - Aboriginal Student Services
- NAIT - scholarships and bursaries for aboriginal students enrolled in full-time, part-time and apprenticeship programs.
- TransAlta - offers a number of bursaries for Aboriginal students. Applications for the upcoming school year are now available.
- Indspire - The Building Brighter Futures: Bursaries and Scholarship Awards can provide you with the financial security that can assist you in completing your educational goals.
- TD Scholarships for Community Leadership - designed to recognize the achievements of youth who are making a difference and help them realize their educational goals.
- MacEwan University
- ATCO Pipelines - aimed at supporting Aboriginal students from Indigenous communities in close proximity to our facilities.
- Horatio Alger Association of Canada - 20 scholarships of $5,000 each year to full-time students in Alberta with financial need.
- Windspeaker Aboriginal Scholarship Guide
- Alberta Aboriginal Youth Achievement Award
- Canadian Future Achievers Award
- National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation
- Metis Nation of Alberta
- University of Alberta – Continuing Undergraduate Award
- Aboriginal Endowments Applications are available online through Aboriginal Students Services centre at the University of Alberta. Application deadline is November 15
- Apprenticeship Incentive Grant, can apply for $1,000 grant for year 1, 2 and 4.
- Canadian Native Arts Council - Deadline Varies
- RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program
- Dreamcatcher Fund
- Metis and Non-Status Indian Bursary Program
- 4H Alberta January Deadline
- Girl Guides Scholarships April Deadline
- Softball Alberta Awards & Scholarships September Deadline
- Bill Kehler Memorial Scholarships – Rodeo September Deadline
- Alberta Blue Cross Scholarships for Aboriginal Students September Deadline
- CCTT Scholarships October Deadline
- Advancing Futures Bursary October & February Deadlines
- Bursary program for youth aged 18 to 24 who have been in government care.